May 25, 2013

Very Pregnant

There is a level of attention that you get when you are pregnant that is kind of nice. People who normally wouldn't talk to you, chat you up. Your friends, family, and coworkers ask how you are doing, call more, and worry more. Your husband ( at least he tries anyway)does more around the house to be helpful. However, the downside of people having no filter, is that they really will say anything to you without thinking that it might be rude. 

I have passed the point of "cute" pregnant. My stomach is so far forward I literally feel like it might fall off my body. The stretch marks resemble a shattered windshield or a road map. The boobs are droopy and no longer perky.  So when that stranger says, " Wow, you look like you could go any day." or " Are you sure you should be out by yourself." or "Whoa, when are you due?" or "Oh my gosh,  you are really huge." It makes you want to punch them right in the face. Pregnant people have feelings people... and for your safety you should remember that they have more intensified feelings because they are hormonal. So, just smile, say congratulations and move on.

I have a little less than 4 weeks left, if I carry until my due date, which is June 21st. I was late with my first and had to be induced, but for some reason, I do feel that I may go early this time.  I rarely post pics of myself pregnant because I do not feel cute or adorable, but I thought I would share just a couple. 

These pics were taken on May 9th so I had about six weeks left at this point.



No comments: