March 30, 2013

Second Baby Fear

I'm sure I'm not the only mom who has concerns about how the arrival of a second baby will affect the current family dynamic. Especially the relationship I have with my first son, Noah. I've asked myself, "Will Noah feel less love and attention?" "Will he love his new sister?" " is his behavior going to change?" " am I going to be able to spend time with him and give him attention?"

I am going to do everything I can to make our new little addition feel welcomed and loved. I will also do all that I can to keep Noah feeling special and loved. I've thought about scheduling different family members to come and spend time with him or help with the baby so he doesn't feel left out.

The pictures below are of Noah " playing" with my girlfriends 8 month old son. I felt a little better when I would see him being nice to the baby. There were, of course, some jealous moments too. I guess I will just have to hang in there and see how things go.








No comments: