March 28, 2013

Nap Time... Now What?

As a substitute teacher, I don't work every day(well sometimes, it just depends). When I'm home I try and get things done to compensate for the days I do work. However, with a toddler, it's difficult to stay focused on any task for an extended period of time. Noah's pretty good about playing by himself but he also wants his Mommy time. The best time to get things done is during his nap. The difficulty occurs in choosing which of the dozens of things that need to get done, will get done during that time.
For example, I like to get a workout in, which then requires a shower. That pretty much takes up the whole nap time and doesn't leave time for anything else. Yesterday, I worked on updating my résumé, but that took the whole nap also, so I didn't get to work out. I guess it's not a huge deal, but sometimes it's really frustrating that I get such a short time everyday to choose what I want to do.
It pretty much comes down to choosing what needs to get done over what I want to get done.

Here are some pics of Noah doing some activities he requested my presence for.










No comments: