August 4, 2012

Home sweet....not really

Let me explain... I am thankful that I have a home and we are able to make our mortgage payments and live better then so many people in this country. I hate complaining, but I really, really want to move. I feel trapped here and I need to just get this out of my system .

We live in a condo that was built in the 80's. We have our own front door, but we are one of 8 units in our building. The association payments every month are $238 (which is high). We have lived here for 5 years and have completely updated our whole place from outlet covers to reno. Kitchen. Which does help immensely. Here is what I can't stand....

* I can't stand parking in the parking lot and having to lug my groceries down the sidewalk and up the stairs
*I can't stand not having a yard for Lola and Noah. I have to put Lola on a leash and walk her for her bathroom breaks in all types of weather
*if my house smells like fried chicken, I want it to be because I'm making fried chicken and not my downstairs neighbors.
* I want a basement or playroom for all Noah's toys, because they cover my one floor house
*I want to stick my mail in my mailbox and put the flag up, instead of finding a post office box
*i want to put my garbage in a can in my garage and not walk it out to the parking lot to the dumpster
* I want to pull my car in the garage in the winter so I don't have to dig it out of the snow in the winter
* I also want the garage to store outside things like the grill, stroller, baby pool, etc.
*it would be so nice to not hear my neighbor's door slam and kids screaming

So I apologize if I sound like a whiney little kid, but I just had to vent it out. I basically want a family home with a yard in a neighborhood. Hopefully that will happen sooner then later.

I have included what one of the brand new buildings looks like in my neighborhood, with one of my hillbilly neighbors pulling their truck up on the grass. This building burned down last year and had to be rebuilt, so my building is not this nice.

No comments: