June 1, 2012

Birthday Jubilee!

School's out for the summer!! I will finally have more time on my hands because school is over! Yes, that is the perk of teaching, having two 1/2 months off in the summer. We definitely need it, because dealing with other people's children can be draining and you need to refresh, recoup, and build up your stamina for the next year.

My students made my name in pattern blocks today- it was cool.




Today is also my 28th birthday!!! I can't say that I am particularly excited. 30 freaks me out and I just don't know how I got to 28 so fast. I'm really sad about being near the end of my 20's. Life goes so fast. Coincidentally, my husband's birthday was on Wednesday the 30th. He turned 34, which helps me because I always feel young, since he is 6 years older then me. We did a mid week dinner out, sans baby for his birthday. I got him the first season dvd of a show he really likes to watch. He got me the first book to the HUNGER GAMES because I am really behind in my reading.

1 comment:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Happy Birthday! May this be your best year yet!
I turned 30 this year…it's not as bad as you think! :)