March 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Noah!

Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet little boy! I don't know how this....



















 Grew into this amazing, sweet little boy. It just seemed to happen so fast. One day you wake up and they aren't that little floppy infant you brought home.


Every month since Noah was 3 months old I have been writing him letters and sealing them. I plan on giving them to him some time when he is grown up, I'm not sure when yet. I write to him (and I know this will sound sad) in case something were to happen to me, I could still tell him all I want to say, even if I'm not with him. So for his 1 year letter, I am including the song, "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart. It just says everything I feel.

"Forever Young" Rod Stewart
May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam.
And may sunshine and happiness surround  you when you're far from home.
And may you grow to be proud, dignified, and true.
And do unto others as you'd have done to you.
Be courageous and be brave and in my heart you'll always stay
Forever young, forever young, forever young, forever young.
May good fortune be with you, may your guiding light be strong.
Build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond.
And may you never love in vain, and in my heart you'll always remain
forever young, forever young, forever young, forever young, forever young.
And when  you finally fly away, I'll be hoping that I served you well.
For all the wisdom of a lifetime no one can ever tell.
But whatever road you choose. I'm right behind you, win or lose,
Forever young!

Hear Rod sing the song here


1 comment:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Happy Birthday to your little one! He's adorable! I can't wait to have a little one of my own!