September 11, 2012

Wide Open Internet

I am clearly aware that you can find just about anything on the Internet. I am also aware that not everything you read is true. And I am also aware that whatever you put out there in digital form can and will travel through the Internet at an alarming rate. I just had my own personal experience with the latter. I know, being a blogger, that I should not have been caught by surprise, but I was. 

I was browsing through Pinterest when I came across this photo....


And I was like, "Oh My God, wait a minute....that's my baby!! Those are my husbands hands!!" It was one of those moments where you have to stare at it for awhile, just to make sure you are in fact seeing what you are seeing.  Even though I have seen images from blogs I follow on Pinterest, seeing my own baby was weird. Especially since I did not post it originally.  Needless to say, I contacted our photographer and decided to order more pictures because we never originally ordered this one (is that crazy?) I don't care, I did it anyway. 

Noah will be 18 months on the 23rd of this month and it really feels like a long time since he was only 2 weeks old (that's when this picture was taken). If anything it brought back some memories. I can't believe how fast time has gone.

Lesson: if you don't want it out there, don't put it anywhere.

No comments: