January 16, 2012

Weight, Wait, Weight

My husband and I don't own a scale, not that we don't want one, we just don't own one. I was at my mom's yesterday and weighed myself on hers for the first time in months. I almost cried when the number hadn't budged at all!!

Honestly, people ask us if we are going to have more children (it's a very popular question once you have one baby), and I feel a bit guilty saying that I don't want another one for awhile. My reasoning....I don't want to look like I do now, again.

It is totally unacceptable for me to be the current weight that I am for this long. I have been using my elliptical, working out, and eating significantly better since Christmas- there should have been a slight drop in weight, right?

Noah will be 1 years old on March 23rd and I told myself I would give myself a year and I don't see myself loosing 20 pounds in 2 months!!

My stomach looks like a road map with all the stretch marks pregnancy gave me. The skin on my stomach looks like a "Biggest Looser" contestant after they loose their weight. I feel so gross AND the jeans I am wearing are currently 6 sizes larger than the ones I was wearing when I found out I was pregnant- this is so depressing.

3 comments:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Don't worry my dear! I'm in the same boat...except I haven't had a baby! You're going to be just fine. I have been losing weight by using a free calorie counter website. It has been so incredibly helpful! I totally recommend it!
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/

Good luck!

Samantha said...

Awww, thanks. I'm going to check it out right away. Happy house hunting.

jas said...

Keep your chin up! What worked for me was tracking calories in and out, I use fitnesspal. Good luck!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/