July 31, 2011

Am I a Bad Mommy??

I went through a full closet purging today. I usually keep up with it pretty well. I will get rid of things that have just been in there for far too long and donate them to Goodwill. Today however, was a full on assault. Even though it felt good, it felt a little sad too. Many of the clothes I was getting rid of were my pre-pregnant clothes and they just don't fit.

Iman (gorgeous model married to David Bowie) said in an article, "wear what fits you now, not what you're hoping to fit into later."

So, I really miss my old size and I know it's only been 4 months since I had Noah, but I can't wear any of my clothes yet.

Am I a bad mom because I want to be the way I was before I was pregnant? Some women really embrace their new bodies and just know that it comes with having children, but I don't want to be that way. Just because I had a baby doesn't mean I want to start wearing clothes 3 sizes or more than what I use to. I miss how I use to look.

Not to mention I really can't afford to do a whole new wardrobe purchase. It just makes me sad.

No comments: